February 10, 2020
Join the Rapides Cancer Center for its fifth Colors of Courage 5K and Color Run to benefit patients of the Rapides Cancer Center. The 2020 event will take place on Friday, April 3 at 6:00pm. The run celebrates our cancer survivors, encourages those who are currently battling cancer and remembers those who fought the good fight. This is a 5K and color run, with several coloring stations along the route that begins and ends on the Rapides Regional Medical Center campus in downtown Alexandria. The name Colors of Courage comes from the various forms of cancer and the color associated with each. All runners are welcome. Don't run? Don't worry. Walkers are welcome to participate and will have 1 hour to complete the course.
There are two ways to register:
1, You may register online at www.imathlete.com,or
2, You may register by filling out the registration form and returning it to the Rapides Cancer Center.
Everyone who registers by March 23 is guaranteed an event T-shirt. Online registration ends at noon on April 1.
Packet pick-up is scheduled for Friday, April 3 between noon and 5:30pm at the Rapides Cancer Center.
Colors of Courage 5K and Color Run Course
- Race starts on Sixth Street near the intersection with Medical Center Drive. It proceeds east on Sixth Street until Lee Street. A color station is on Sixth Street.
- Turn right on Lee Street and proceed south. Near 16th Street, runners will hit the 1-mile mark. Just before the 1-mile mark is a color station.
- Turn right on Bolton Avenue, and then turn immediately left on Polk Street. Continue south on Polk Street. There is a color station on Polk Street.
- Turn right on Cushman Street for two blocks. The water station is located on Cushman Street.
- Turn right on Albert Street and proceed north. A color station is located on Albert Street at the 2-mile marker.
- Turn right on Bolton Avenue, then turn immediately left on Murray Street for one block.
- Turn right on 16th Street. There is a color station on 16th Street.
- Turn left on Washington Street and proceed north.
- Turn left on 8th Street and proceed west. There is a color station on 8th Street, as well as the 3-mile marker near Fisk Street.
- Turn right on Scott Street and proceed to the finish line.