Contact a Patient
If you do not know a patient’s room number, call the information desk at (318) 769-5065. To call directly to a patient’s room:
- Main Hospital: (318) 769-3+ patient’s room number
- South Tower: (318) 769- 5+ patient’s room number
- Women’s & Children’s Hospital: (318) 769- 7+ patient’s room number
Visiting Hours for Rapides Regional Medical Center.
Visiting Hours for Intensive Care Units
Medical ICU and 5A
10:00 am to 2:00 pm; and 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm
10:00 am to Noon, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm; and 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Two visitors per patient are allowed in patient room.
- No visitors under 14 years of age.
- Visitors will be asked to leave the unit during emergent/critical situations.
- Waiting rooms for SICU and 5A are located on 3rd floor.
Patients and visitors may park free in the Rapides Regional parking garages located at the east and west ends of our campus.
Additional free parking is available on the lot located at Fifth and Elliot streets, east of Rapides Women's and Children's Hospital. Parking lots are also located on Sixth Street and at the corner of Elliott and Eighth streets.
Salute Our Veterans
Rapides Regional Medical Center is proud to recognize Veterans who have served our country. The “Salute Our Veterans” program is designed to honor all Veterans who are patients at Rapides Regional Medical Center.
Please let us know if you are a Veteran; that way, a SALUTE sign can be placed on your room door, identifying you as a Veteran – allowing our staff to recognize you and thank you for your service. You are a hero. Thank you for serving our country and for choosing Rapides Regional Medical Center.
If you would like to send flowers to a patient at Rapides Regional Medical Center or Rapides Women’s and Children’s Hospital, you can contact The Gift Shop by Legacy Floral Designs, located on the hospital campus, by calling (318) 449-9035. Other florist shops in the area routinely deliver to the hospital as well. Flower deliveries are not allowed in the intensive care unit patient areas. The Children’s Shop, offering gifts, clothing and balloons is located in the Rapides Women’s and Children’s Hospital Atrium.
Cafeteria and Dining Options
Welcome to the Riverstop Café!
- Breakfast - is served from 6:00am -10:00am and features a classic hot breakfast, fruit and yogurt bar, continental breakfast selections and grab and go items.
- Lunch - is served from 11:00am -2:00pm and features traditional entrée items, side dishes, bread and soup, as well as daily specials and grab-and-go items. We also offer pizza by the slice and a build-your-own salad bar.
- Dinner - is served from 5:00pm - 8:00pm and features pizza by the slice, self-serve salad bar, grab and go items and soup.
- Weekend hours include: Breakfast from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.; Lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Dinner from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Riverstop Café is open from 6:00am until 10:00pm, with grab-and-go items, drinks and coffee available during operating hours. Vending machines are also available.
*Menu items may vary based on nation-wide supply issues.
Beans and Cream at Rapides Women’s and Children’s Hospital is open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. It offers coffee and coffee specialty drinks, hot tea, soft drinks, soup, sandwiches and hand-dipped ice cream!
What should you bring to the hospital for your stay?