Rapides Regional Medical Center is the region’s leader in advanced heart care. Our team of cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and heart care professionals provide heart care on a higher level.
We offer a full range of cardiovascular services, including:
- Open-heart surgery.
- Heart catheterizations to diagnose and treat cardiovascular conditions.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. TAVR is a less-invasive procedure to insert a new heart valve in a cath-lab setting.
- Left atrial appendage closure device to treat atrial fibrillation.
- Electrophysiology, which is the study of the electrical rhythms and functions of your heart.
- The world’s smallest leadless pacemaker is available at RRMC.
- Ablations to correct heart rhythms.
Rapides Regional Medical Center’s Chest Pain Center has been certified by The Joint Commission, signifying RRMC as a leader in cardiac care and one that provides a higher standard of care for chest pain patients in Central Louisiana.
- Cath Lab
- Balloon angioplasty
- Cardiac catheterizations
- Coronary stenting
- CTO - Chronic total occlusion
- Ablation Therapy
- Implantable defibrillators and permanent pacemakers
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Left atrial appendage closure device to treat atrial fibrillation
- Left ventricular assist devices (Impella)
- Peripheral vascular studies and intervention
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Accredited Chest Pain Center