Rapides Regional Medical Center Trauma Center is the first Level II Trauma Center in Louisiana, and the only trauma center in Central Louisiana. The only other trauma center in Louisiana verified by the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma is in New Orleans. Read press release.
In trauma cases, those first 60 minutes – and the care received during those 60 minutes – can mean the difference in life, death and life-altering outcomes. At Rapides Regional Medical Center Trauma Center, we see an average of 100 critical care trauma patients each month, which makes our team uniquely qualified to provide high-level trauma services.
- Hospital-wide Trauma activation for Level 1 and Level 2 traumas
- On-call Trauma surgeon at bedside on arrival or within 15 minutes on all Level 1 activations
- Orthopaedic services with the area’s only fellowship trained Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
- Neurosurgery coverage 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Plastics/Urological/ENT/Oral Surgery consults available