Rapides Regional Medical Center is home to the da Vinci® Xi robotic surgical system for colorectal, gynecology, urology and general surgeries. Rapides was the first hospital in Central Louisiana with the da Vinci Xi.
The da Vinci® Xi provides surgeons with greater precision, control and access to hard-to-reach areas, allowing complex operations to be performed through just a few small incisions.
Robotic Precision, Surgeon’s Touch
da Vinci®’s advanced level technology takes surgery beyond the limits of the human hand. It allows patients to have the best possible outcomes and provides access to the latest medical advancements. Among the benefits of having surgery with the da Vinci® Xi:
- Less pain; fewer side effects
- Shorter hospital stays
- Reduced risk of infection
- Smaller incisions; less scarring and less blood loss
- Quicker return to normal activities
Benefit to Physicians
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort