September 17, 2020
Alexandria, LA – Beginning Monday, September 21st, visitors to the hospital's 3rd Floor ICU and 5th Floor ICU should take note of a change in visitation times.
Those visiting the 3rd Floor Intensive Care Unit will be able to visit patients from 4 pm to 5 pm daily. However, those visiting patients on the 5th Floor Intensive Care Unit, will visit between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm daily.
Patients may still receive one visitor for 15 minutes following surgery
All visitors for patients should enter Rapides Regional Medical Center through the Medical Terrace first floor entrance Monday through Friday from between 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, and through the Emergency Department entrance on Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm. No visitors will be allowed entrance after 5:30 pm. (Visitors for Rapides Women's and Children's Hospital may still enter at the Scott Street entrance, open 24/7.) All visitors will be required to provide and wear their own mask for the duration of their visit.
COVID patients remain in isolation with no visitors allowed, although TeleVisiting is available. COVID patients are located in a designated area and separate from other non–COVID patients.
Limited visitation allows:
- One dedicated caregiver per inpatient, per stay.
- One dedicated parent/caregiver for pediatric or mentally disabled patients who cannot be left alone.
- One dedicated caregiver/driver for outpatient surgery, cath lab and/or testing.
- On dedicated parent in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- One dedicated family member for those where end of life care is being given.
- One visitor per surgery and heart cath, procedures.
- No visitors under the age of 15.
Rapides Regional Medical Center is following CDC–recommended protocols that may necessitate further changes to our visitation policy.