- 10.23.14 from 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- 11.01.14 from 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
- 11.04.14 from 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- 11.10.14 from 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM
- 11.12.14 from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Osteoporosis is when bones become weak and brittle. And if left unchecked, osteoporosis can lead to fractures of the hip, spine and wrist.
Peak bone mass is reached at around age 30. From that point, more bone is lost than replaced. If not treated, bone losses may lead to osteoporosis.
There are many risk factors, such as age, weight, smoking, alcohol abuse and history of falls that increase your chance of developing osteoporosis. The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends a bone density test at least once for all women ages 65 or older.
Ask your doctor about scheduling a bone density test at Rapides Women's and Children's Hospital.