Serving Size ½ of recipe
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Sodium 818 mg
Total Carbohydrate 55 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Protein 16 g
Ingredients and Preparation
Bow-tie pasta 4 ounces (about 1 cup dry)
Olive oil 2 teaspoons
Clove garlic, chopped 1
Small white onion, chopped 1
Yellow bell pepper, chopped 1
Italian-style chicken or turkey sausage, casings removed 6 ounces
Red grape tomatoes ½ cup
Salt ½ teaspoon
Freshly ground pepper ½ teaspoon
Fresh basil, chopped 2 tablespoons
Grated Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, excluding salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add sausage to pan and cook about 5-6 minutes, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook another 5-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes burst.
- Add the pasta, salt, and pepper to the pan, and toss until mixed.
- Stir in basil, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.