Serving Size 1 cut piece
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 325 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Fish fillets 2 pounds
Lemon juice, fresh 1 tablespoon
Skim milk or 1% buttermilk ¼ cup
Hot pepper sauce 2 drops
Garlic, fresh, minced 1 teaspoon
White pepper, ground ¼ teaspooon
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Onion powder ¼ teaspoon
Cornflakes, crumbled or regular bread crumbs ½ cup
Vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish) 1 tablespoon
Lemon, fresh, cut in wedges 1
Tip: For variety, try this heart-healthy fish recipe with any kind of fish.
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.