Sweet potatoes and bananas combine to make a flavorful low-fat custard made with evaporated skim milk and no added fat.
Serving Size ½ cup
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 72 mg *
Sodium 255 mg
Total fiber 2 g
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
Potassium 488 mg
Ingredients and Preparation
Mashed cooked sweet potato 1 cup
Mashed banana (about 2 small) ½ cup
Evaporated skim milk 1 cup
Packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons
Beaten egg yolks (or 1/3 cup egg substitute) 2
Salt ½ teaspoon
Nonstick cooking spray as needed
Raisins ¼ cup
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
- Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325ºF oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.