- 12.09.13 from 06:30 PM to 08:00 PM
- 12.11.13 from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12.12.13 from 08:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- 12.26.13 from 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Archive by Year
Rapides Regional named Joint Commission ‘Top Performer’
September 20, 2012
Rapides Regional Medical Center has made The Joint Commission’s list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures for 2012.
Rapides is one of 620 hospitals on the list. The 620 hospitals represent the top 18 percent of Joint Commission hospitals reporting core measure performance data for 2011.
Rapides is one of 244 hospitals to make the list a second straight year.
“Once again, our hospital has been recognized for its commitment to quality patient care,” said David Williams, Rapides Regional Medical Center CEO. “For more than 100 years, we’ve had a tradition of providing high quality, efficient and compassionate health care. Our employees are making sure that tradition continues.”
Hospitals on The Joint Commission’s list met the following criteria:
- Achieved performance of 95 percent or above on a single, composite score that includes all the accountability data for which it reports data to The Joint Commission, including measures that had fewer than 30 eligible cases or patients
- Met a 95 percent performance threshold for every accountability measure for which it reports data to The Joint Commission, excluding measures with fewer than 30 eligible cases or patients.
Rapides was recognized for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
The Joint Commission is the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.